Monday, April 2, 2018

Tricks of the Trade: OOTD

Anatomy of an OOTD

I am honored to be interviewed by Jonet Wooten of Fabulously Chic Over 50!! for the "She's Got Style" highlight on her blog.  What an honor, Jonet.  Thank you.  Check out all the fabulous women highlighted on her blog. 
Link here: Fabulouslychicover50.com.  

Every day, I use the little "life hacks" that I have seen the wardrobe department use on-set.  Let me show why you, too, can use these little tricks of the trade to help you look and feel good.

Spring has sprung and the weather is turning warm little by little.  I am ready to put away the scarves and boots and pull out some spring-inspired color.

Monday, April 2.


The Pendant Necklace  

Link here: Pendant necklace by Kendra Scott.

Whenever I wear a loose blouse, I'll wear a nice pendant necklace to define the bust and keep me from looking "barrel chested".  
This pendant necklace is by Kendra Scott and they come in almost every color.



The Steamer


Unless you live in a house with a dedicated Laundry Room and a built-in ironing board, then the portable handy steamer is the answer.  Not only will it remove the wrinkles, but it will save space on your ironing board for a spiffy bar set-up.



Seam Ripper


If you didn't inherit this handy tool from your Grandma, then it's time to put it in your toolbox.  There is nothing worse than a tag that pokes you in the morning and sticks you the rest of the day like a "burr in your saddle".  Tucking in your shirt isn't the answer and is just as annoying.  Get the seam ripper, remove the obstacle.
link here: Seam Ripper



Lint Roller

lint roller link here: Super Sticky Lint Roller

There's nothing worse than getting to work in the morning to have someone tell you that you have false eyelashes stuck to the back of your pants.  How they got there is anybody's guess, but I have a black dog for days I wear white and a little fuzzy white dog for the days I wear black.  I always use the lint roller and I never have a problem.



Leather Punch

Leather Punch link here
Exercise?!?!!!!  I thought you said extra fries!



Shoe Shine

Shoe Shine link here
You know when you see someone on television and they look like their clothes are brand new?  Well, they have stylists to mend a button and shine a shoe.  It does not take a lot of time or money, but it makes a big difference in the overall impression of a well put together outfit.  Works on your belts too.



Fast Flats


Always, always bring a pair of alternative flats whenever you wear heels.  The more insurance you have the less likely you'll need it.




Lifts

link here: Lift kits

"What are those in her shoes you say?"  You probably didn't even notice.  No one does.  They are called lifts.  These are very common for the short actors and actress' of Hollywood.  They are secret inserts for your shoes to instantly lift your height by an inch and a half.  If I'm not wearing heels, then I'm wearing lifts...surprise!!  I'll wear them in my boots, Uggs, flats and even tennis shoes.

That's it!  Leave a comment to let me know what you think and if I should throw back the velvet curtain and expose some more secrets of Hollywood.

I hope this finds you well.  Check out my Instagram @over_fifty_in_Hollywood

XOXO, julie

4 comments:

  1. Julie! I love what you're doing here! Love this blog and all the great style ideas. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie! Can I send you a "Secrets of Hollywood" care package?

      Delete
  2. Everything looks fantastic.Amazing i m really impress with your content and very useful it. cryptoreviewworld

    ReplyDelete