Friday, August 12, 2016

Don't Let Perfection Be the Enemy of Good

Summer, Fall...which is it?

Feels like Summer, but Fall is in the air.


I love the look of an off-white purse and with the days getting shorter, there isn't much time to wear out all the summer pieces before Labor Day...is that still a thing?


So, striped shirt, peep toe booties and off-white purse are a nod to summer, but the black blazer is good for mornings outside and air-conditioned offices inside.  Hollywood Secret:  Sound Stages are FREEZING COLD.  The hot lights heat up quickly, so stages are kept very chilly, so make-up won't run and actors won't sweat through their wardrobe.  If you ever come to visit in Hollywood, bring a jacket for set, you'll need it.


The pictures are a little fuzzy because I got a new lens for my camera and I am learning how to use it.  I almost didn't post because of it, but as my Daddy used to say, "Don't let perfection be the enemy of good", I'm learning.
Leave a comment if you please, I would love to hear from you.  What do you wear for transitional pieces from summer to fall?
-julie





1 comment:

  1. This is a great look on you. I love the striped shirt with the blazer. I transition from summer to fall using sweaters over sleeveless blouses/shirts and wearing turtlenecks with certain tops and the temps get cooler. Leggings under skirts or tunics are great for fall, also!

    ReplyDelete