Saturday, May 28, 2016

Lunch Downtown

Lunch

Whenever I plan on meeting up with my Mom from Pasadena, I try to make it a little more conservative, think pearls.



I should've worn the pearls, but at the last minute I felt it was too much with the collar, the tassle on the purse, the laces on the shoes...


It's still a little chilly, so layers.  The little black cotton sweater is old from Express, collared polo shirt is from Old Navy, jeans are from Hollister, and the belt from Hermès.


Purse from Coach and shoes (old) from Aldo.  I like mixing up high/low.  Old Navy, Target, and Forever 21 are great places to get key items and if the fit works for your silhouette, then stick with that brand.  I have also found that the companies use the same dies year after year, so if you buy an item last year, it will probably work well with pieces this year.



And here's a picture of my lunch date.  Isn't my Mom stylish?  She's rocking the "column" rule, with same color top and pants and contrasting jacket over, creating a column...slimming.  Growing up, she always had crazy high heels...
That's future me! 


You look great, Mom!  (Thanks for letting me post a pix, I love you!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment