Monday, June 13, 2016

Summer Evening Cocktail Party

It's cool in the evening

A light shawl, in this case a kimono, was needed to provide a little coverage and warmth.


I am in love with the kimono look and found this one on-line.  There are lots of styles and colors, I ordered a large and could have gone up a size.  This is going to be the Summer of 2016 look for me...easy and comfortable.


Off-white cotton tank top is from Target ($8, super soft and easily replaced every season).  I buy the tank tops in white, black, and grey.  Shorts are Maison Jules from Macy's (http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/maison-jules-scalloped-hem-shorts-only-at-macys?ID=2766271&CategoryID=5344&selectedSize=#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D8%26ruleId%3D46%26slotId%3D4%26kws%3Dmaison%20jules%20shorts).  I got them because they were a little nicer than plain ones.  It has pockets that I cut out and sewed up to reduce bulk...cut them out, you don't need them!!




Necklace is a black sapphire necklace (old), but I chose to wear it because it sparkles and to pick up the black in the kimono...and because it was a party.

 

3 comments: